Harvest resources, lesson plans and ideas for primary
As this week marked the start of autumn, there’s no better time to start thinking about how to celebrate the harvest festivals with your class. We’ve chosen some of the top harvest-related resources to save you time and effort in your preparations for tackling this seasonal topic in the classroom.
Lesson planning inspiration
From lessons on making soup to thinking about where food comes from, these resources range from early years to KS2 and include schemes of work, full lessons and activities.
- Pip at harvest: Photo story
- The Enormous Turnip and Stone Soup planning for EYFS*
- Fruit and vegetable guessing game
- KS1 Sukkot booklet and presentations
- Christian and Jewish harvest celebrations resource pack
- KS2 harvest festival and food around the world lesson
- Harvest-themed writing frames
Harvest assembly ideas
Make this year’s assembly a memorable one using these adaptable resources that consider the meaning of harvest both at home and abroad.
- H-A-R-V-E-S-T letter scramble
- Christian Aid harvest assembly plan and activities
- Harvest festivals around the world
Songs for harvest
No celebration is complete without music and there are a wide variety of genres to inspire your own harvest sing-a-long.
- Vegetable rap with attitude
- Harvest-themed lyrics to Frozen’s Let It Go
- The harvest gospel song*
*This resource is being sold by the author
Have we missed your favourite harvest resource? Drop us an email and we'll take a look!
This post was originally published on 24 September 2015, and was refreshed on 28 September 2016.