Complete and ready to use high quality KS3 Biology Revision lesson. All resources are included in this excellent lesson, save yourself lots of lesson preparation time!
Students revise by covering the following (again):
* Recall the roles of various scientists.
* Revise what vaccines and antibiotics are and what they do.
* Describe Edward Jenner’s experiment and its results.
* Understand the advantages and disadvantages of vaccines.
* Explain what superbugs are.
* Recall what DNA is, and what it does.
* Explain evolution.
* Explain how extinctions can be prevented.
Pupils start the lessons by working together to work out which scientist made which contribution to science.
MAIN and MAIN and MAIN....
This lesson is 'chunked' into discrete sections to support learning and create positive behaviour by keeping students interested and focused. There is a very good variety of interesting student activities such as: up and about, gap fills, unscramble, literacy activities, questions, video, discussion, recall, think/pair/share, questions with answers, self-assessment and peer assessment opportunities etc etc.
Learners self assess and reflect on their progress against the lesson outcomes.
Several extension activities are provided in case any group you teach requires them.
Thank you for looking, this lesson will save you a huge amount of time and effort. If you choose to buy, your positive feedback on tes would be very much appreciated :)
Other Barclayfox lessons in this series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available, not all series are bundled).
1. Vaccinations – lesson 1. (Vaccinations, immunity and Edward Jenner)
2. Vaccinations – lesson 2. (Advantages & disadvantages of vaccinations, how pathogens spread etc)
3. Antibiotics - lesson 1. (Medicines, Fleming, penicillin and selecting an appropriate antibiotic)
4. Antibiotics - lesson 2. (Antibiotic resistance, super bugs, MRSA, resistant bacteria)
5. DNA & Darwin & evolution & Peer review. (Discovery of the structure of DNA, evolution etc)
6. Preventing extinction. (Preventing extinction, conservation, seed banks, captive breeding etc)
7. Revision lesson. (All of the above - vaccines, antibiotics, DNA, Evolution, extinction etc)
Happy teaching !
Vaccinations, vaccines, Antibiotics, DNA, Darwin, evolution, extinction, conservation, seed banks, gene banks, zoo, safari park, captive breeding etc.