Reading Comprehension Checks – Birds Life Science.
This packet of NO PREP READING COMPREHENSION includes 13 simple information about birds to help with fluency, comprehension and building reading confidence. Each sheets provides early readers with a genuine opportunity to practice reading short information they can decode with early phonics skills and sight word recognition. These Comprehension Checks can be used independently, in small groups, guided reading groups, morning work or homework!
There are 3 Accountability Triangles at the top of the page. Students can color a star each time they read a story. This ensures that they are reading the birds science at least 3 times to encourage fluency.
After completing the Comprehension Check, students can color a triangle on the Reading Comprehension and Fluency Tracker. These simple comprehension questions provide students with an opportunity to look back at the text and using complete sentences. This option is more effective than the "fill in the bubble" method. In addition, students will use the color code to look back in the text (text evidence) and highlight the answers.
The Comprehension Questions allow students to work on:
-On the surface questions
-Under the surface questions
-Improving general knowledge for birds
and many MORE!!!!
Some key features of this unit pack are:
• Simple & lucid language makes the understanding of concept easier.
• Child-friendly layout with beautiful borders, illustrations and photographs holds the interest of the child and reinforces learning through visual impact.
• ‘DO YOU KNOW’ gives interesting bits of information beyond text.
• HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) emphasis on independent thinking and stimulate children to observe and think beyond the book. They aim to develop the ability to apply the concept learnt to real-life situation.
• TEACHER’S NOTES give suggestions to make teaching more EFFECTIVE & INNOVATIVE.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE THIS PACKET UP CLOSE!
Other resources you may be interested in-
1 – Earth day
2 - Heat Transfer - Interactive Notebook with KEY
3 - Light and Shadow - Comprehension Questions and Assessment Pack
4 - States of Matter “Doodle Notes”
5 - Light – worksheets
6 - Force, Work and Energy – Unit plan with worksheets
7 - Reading Comprehension Checks – Sloppy Science-1
8 - Reading Comprehension Checks – Sloppy Science-2
9 - Reading Comprehension Checks – Golden Rules to Save Electricity, Paper, Water & Fuel
10 – Safety and First Aid