Minibeasts game resource which contains:
- Teacher's Notes
- 35 bingo cards labelled Card 1 to Card 35
- 30 different minibeasts call out cards
- 36 picture cards for a game of snap
- 36 picture cards with name labels which can also be used for snap
The pictures are photos of common invertebrates.
Preparation: Print onto card paper and laminate the bingo cards.
Laminate both sets of picture cards and cut out.
1. Play bingo as a whole class or children play in smaller groups.
2. Play 'Snap!'
3. Matching card game - Student can play with a partner- Lay out, say, 10 sets of matching cards face down on the table - students take turns to turn over a card. If two cards match, he or she keeps the cards. The student with the most matching cards wins.
Other uses: Create a minibeasts word wall - reprint the call-out cards and picture cards for a wall display.
Opportunities for children to sort minibeasts into categories, i.e. insects, arachnids, myriapods, crustaceans, coelenterates, echinoderms, molluscs and annelids.
Aim of the game(s) is to reinforce identification of minibeasts while having fun.
List of Minibeasts - ant aphid bee beetle butterfly caterpillar centipede cockroach crab dragonfly earwig firefly fly grasshopper ladybird leech milipede mite mosquito moth octopus praying mantis silverfish slug snail spider wasp weevil woodlouse worm
Extra invertebrates on the picture cards: jellyfish, starfish, sea urchin, coral and lobster.
File Type: PDF and Word
Hope your students have lots of fun playing and learning the names of minibeasts.